Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Wedding savers!

I have a gluten allergy. I have been on the gluten free diet for almost 6 years and I developed my allergy in my late teens. For my wedding, I would like to have buffet style food served. I am getting married on a farm and simple is so far, best. I would prefer not to hire servers, chefs, kitchen assistants, coordinator, bar tender. All I want is the food!! So I spoke to the owner of a gluten free bakery I shop at and got some insider tips for buffet style!;


  1. Don't ever tell a catering service your food will be for a "wedding". You simply need to say "a party".
  2. When you tell the your guest list amount, they make sure there is 2-3 of everything for everyone to eat. Especially doing buffet style, women and children typically do not eat 2-3 steaks, baked potato, etc. having a party of 110 can easily be dropped to 70-80 and still allow the right amount of food.
  3. Rent the heaters! Most of the time your venue will have tons of them on hand. They are also super cheap at costco. You can request to even pick up the food from the caterer in the steel pans. 
  4. Hire someone to worry for you. I will be hiring some nicely dressed friends of my brothers to serve small items, manage trash, ask about refills, etc.

We will be saving almost $5,000 by using these techniques.



No comments:

Post a Comment