1. How did you and your spouse meet?
I was dating his room mate.
2. How old were you when you first met?
22. And he was 22 as well!
3. How long have you been together?
Hmmm. We didn't start our relationship until we were in love and knew we would want to be together forever, which was in February 2011!
4. Where are you and your spouse originally from?
I am a military brat, so where I am from is a good question... Japan, California, Colorado; He is from Virginia.
5. How did you feel about him joining the military?
He was on his 4th year in and he just re enlistment... It is what he wants, so i support him.
6. Where did your spouse go to basic training?
7. Has your spouse ever been deployed?
LOL YES! His first 4 years in, he was always PSCed in the U.S. and only spent 13 months total in the U.S. The rest of the time, he was deployed.
8. Ever been to his promotion ceremony?
No, he has always been deployed...
9. How long have you been a military wife?
Wife: 5 months Brat: 23 years.
10. Did you marry him before or after he joined?
11. How did your husband propose?
Well, as usual, the marine corps ruined our 4th of July plans and had him work last minute. At this point, I was really upset because we were never able to follow through with plans and I was upset. Garrett booked a weekend at Disneyland and got us a very nice room at the Grand Californian. Our first day there, we were leaving the valet to go to the liquor store and I ran over a spike strip! We forgot everything we wanted to bring. Everything was going wrong. It was so us... His original plan to propose at the 4th of July fireworks show had changed and he had to propose the day everything went wrong but we still had each other :)! July 3rd during a water show, which broke down right as he was proposing!
12. Where did you get married?
Denver, CO. Our wedding will be in Santa Barbara CA
13. How old where you two when you got married?
14. Did he wear his uniform on his wedding day?
He will be!
15. Where are you and your spouse currently stationed?
Camp Pendelton, CA
16. Do you live on base?
17. How long were you married when you had to go through your first separation?
18. What is your favorite base so far?
Not Pendelton! Wishing I were on east coast!
19. Do you think your spouse looks good in his uniform?
Of course DUH.
20. Do you think the military life is more advanced than the civilian life?
Not more advanced... Definitely different.
21. Do you like the benefits you receive as a military dependent?
Yes. I do not like the mess ups from the people setting it up!
22. Do you have a lot of military wife friends?
Yes! Great ones. Few but they I pick and choose wisely.
23. What is the hardest part of the military life?
Since I dont have a family with children of my own, the only negative thoughts we have is not being able to follow through with plans/ trips.
24. Do you own a lot of military wife stuff?
Not really... Not military wife stuff, but fair amount of marine/navy things.
25. Do you support your spouse as a member of the military?
YES... You have to think about what you're getting yourself into BEFORE the marriage...